Ok, we all know we eat a ton of sugar every. single. day. Last Tuesday it was Halloween. As you should know its probaly the worst day ever for kids, even though kids think this day is truley amazing its really not. Between 3500 and 7000 calories of halloween candy is an average kid will eat on halloween and thats about 90 to 200 grams of sugar. Here are some reasons (that I reasearched) sugar is bad for everyone.
- Added sugar contains no essential nutrients and is bad for your teeth.
- Added sugar is high in fructose, which can overload your liver.
- Overloading the liver with fructose can cause non-alcoholic liver disease.
- Sugar can cause insulin resistance, a stepping stone towards metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
- The insulin resistance can progress to type 2 diabetes.
- Sugar can give you cancer.
- Due to its effects on hormones and the brain, sugar has unique fat-promoting effects.
- Because it causes massive dopamine release in the brain, sugar is highly addictive.
We should all set goals for controlling how much sugar we eat. The amount of sugar an adult sould have daily is about 25-32 grams of sugar. Although kids should only really be having about 15-20 grams of sugar daily. Scienctists are working on a sweetener with no sugar their saying there wont be any chemicals like other food items that have chemicals because of artificial sweetners with no sugar but bad chemicals.
Diabetas kills more than 3.4 million people every single year and its not good. We Need to find a better soloution to this. Even though there are many problems in this world this is one of them and I think it should be in the top 5 for solving a problem. You would think this tiny ingredientt cant do much but it effects big. To us.
This might sound kinda funny but I think we should have a holiday where you can take the day off from work and school to clean out your kitchen full of junk sugary food. My parents (and me) love pumpkin pie and pumpkin tarts in the fall seasom. One day I was looking in our fridge and I saw 3 cans of whipped cream and 1 of them was full. I thought to myself do we really need this? How am I helping myself by keeping this as an open “eat”. I decided to let my parents throw the cans out because I knew I might get into trouble throwing away money.
I’m not saying sugar is bad for you what so ever. Infact sugar can be good for you, like natrual sugars that come from fruit. If you do eat more added sugar than you should you could burn the calories off and sugar off by working out.
I’ve seen kids my age on videos that to take shots every day and cant have sugar. Its so sad for kids even smaller then me to go through pain like that…